Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Im BACK!

I cant believe I became one of those bloggers who started off with a hiss and a roar and then fizzled.....

SO much has gone in the last 4 months I don't even know where to start!

Braxtons Ureterocele was operated on when he was 5 weeks old. It was by far the most heart breaking experiencing of my life. Seeing him so tiny and in that horrible hospital bed. The surgery took place at Wellington Children's Hospital. Because he had to go under a general he was not allowed to be fed from 6am that morning, but his surgery wasn't until 3pm. So he was hooked up onto a drip for fluids and we gave him a dummy to keep him happy. I was told not to hold him so he wouldn't smell my milk. He didn't seem phased by the whole ordeal at all - think I suffered the worst!



The surgeons made a cut into the Ureterocele and this has so far cleared the obstruction. We visit the pediatrician every 3 months and he checks over Braxton to make sure the blockage doesn't reoccur. He has been on anti-biotics since birth and will most likely remain on them for 3 years to prevent UTIs and bladder infections.

In other news, we went on a big family road trip when Braxton was 8/9 weeks old. We went up to stay with family in Rotorua for a week then travelled up to Bay of Plenty and followed the coast around to Gisborne, then Napier then home. We were away for 2 weeks total with a baby. Luckily we took the house bus and it was quite a nice relaxing trip. Braxton took to it like a fish to water and was happy to nap in his capsule and just go with the flow.


 
And Braxton got to dig his toes in the sand for the first time of many!! He wasnt 100% sure about it....
 


We were really lucky with the weather, had a few frosty mornings but apart from that it was nice and sunny.

Apart from that Braxton is doing so well, growing faster than I can keep up! He has just gone 5 months. He is learning so much each day, he can now sit on his own, grab things from us and giggles and laughs at just about everything.

Being a mum is the greatest experience, every day brings new challenges and it is something I learn as each day goes. I am very blessed and grateful for having such an awesome baby. Braxton is a great feeder and sleeper and he is so tolerant of me. There are so many things that I swore I would and wouldn't do when I was pregnant when it came to parenting. Its fair to say most of that has gone out the window and I take it day by day. Everyone has advice and I take it with a grain of salt. I will try everything and if it works it works and if doesn't then I try something else. We have a pretty good routine now.

Our house is currently on the market, I still feel a little two ways about this.... we have been in this house for over 4 years, it is my first house, the house we lived at when Cody proposed, the wedding, and Braxtons first home.... However it is time to move on and this place has no yard for Braxton to play in, so onwards and upwards! We currently have an offer on a place with some land :) so hopefully once this place is sold we are on the move.


My birthday is coming up and I really wanted to do something different, last year I announced I was pregnant so it was a very low key birthday with just a dinner out. This year I have decided to do a High Tea.... WITH A TWIST! Instead of tea, the tea pots will contain cocktails! Ill still have the usual tea cups, cup cakes, club sandwiches etc should be fun and I cant wait :) watch this space for photos!

So thats a quick catch up, I promise to post more regulary now that Braxton and I have ourselves sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background