Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas goodies!!

Christmas is by far my most favourite time of year! I love getting the house all decorated and extra love making all sorts of goodies. I  love how the shops set up displays and play Christmas carols. But best of all I love not being at work and enjoying the summer with family!

A few years ago I attempted a gingerbread house, it was an epic fail. I burnt the gingerbread and then the wall panels warped while cooking so it just didn't fit together properly. However Kyla, my niece (who was about 2 at the time) thought it was great and she was the only one who attempted to eat it. Thank goodness for children.... the rest went to the dogs - they were very grateful. All in all I got the sh*ts with the whole thing!

This isn't the house I made -just a pretty house :)
Most years I'm pretty boring and just make chocolates - I went a bit further last year and made fillings to go in them. Including peanut butter, mint and liquor!

But this year, I want to do something really different. A few months ago my sister told me about these cake pops. I had never heard of them. Pretty much they are a cake cross with a lollipop, so you end up with a little ball of cake on the end of a stick. You then decorate this as required.

How cute are these guys!



Then of course there is the traditional Christmas cake. I LOVE Christmas cake - we actually had the traditional fruit cake as the top tier of our wedding cake - which is now in the chest freezer waiting for our first wedding anniversary :)

I have never attempted to make a Christmas cake before - it was all a but daunting. But since we are spending Christmas up with Cody's sister and her family there will be a lot of there so I thought this year I would give it a go.


I also saw these White Chocolate and Cherry Blondies on Good Morning one day. Essentially they are a rice bubble log with lots of extra goodies!!! So I thought that they cant be too hard!


There are the traditional mince pies, which I love - however a lot of people don't. So as a spin on things I found a recipe for Cranberry and Pear pies - How DIVINE!


What yummy teats are you planning on making/eating this year?

Anyone have any ideas on what I could try?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to make Christmas cake pops! and I'd like to eat everything you've posted, just to try it out you know... ;) haha

    ReplyDelete

Background