Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First came love, then came marriage, then comes........

A baby in a baby carriage!

Yep that's right, me and Cody are going to be parents!

Firstly a bit of background...... Children were always on the cards for me and Cody, it was just a matter of when. Of course the timing is never right. There are always other things to do instead of procreating. Travel, buying more houses, buying 'toys' i.e. cars, boats, motor homes etc. Cody made it very clear from the get go that he wanted a baby and he wanted it sooner rather than later, for me it was a case of getting un-necessary debt down and getting to a good position in my job so that I could take a good amount of time off to enjoy ourselves.

In saying that, I also didn't want to leave things too late. What is considered late? for me it was over 30. There has been a lot of debates lately about what is considered an 'old parent' and wither or not it is selfish to leave having children later in life. For me, it comes to personal preference and what suits you. This guy is the worlds oldest dad at 94! Now that to me is just stupid - but hey he has sex 3 times a night so I guess it was just a matter of time. The worlds oldest mother was 70 when she delivered her twins. Now this woman already had 2 adult daughters and 5 grandchildren. Her reason for getting pregnant again? to acquire a male heir to the family smallholdings??!! (and it sounds like there wasn't much left after the cost of IVF)

But then you read stories like Lyn Mason. Who at the age of 53 gave birth to her son. Lyn suffered multiple miscarriages as well as unsuccessful rounds of IVF in the desperation of having a baby. She finally conceived and had a baby girl, only for her daughter to be killed in a car accident at 12 years old. Stories like this really tear at my heart. There are so many people out there who have trouble conceiving and they are the ones who so desperately want a baby. I know a few people who are in this boat. Wither it be because of PCOS, Endometriosis, or other fertility issues.

And that's the thing, you never know wither these types of issues will effect you until you try! I had spent the last 12 or so years trying NOT to get pregnant that when the time came to actually do the deed, I wasn't even 100% I could! I had just found out it took a friend of mine 15 months to conceive!! It was a scary and daunting idea that it might not ever happen even if we wanted it to. It was a strange ride, at first I thought "stop taking the pill and Ill get pregnant straight away" turns out it doesn't quite work like that..... After doing some research and chatting to my lovely forum ladies my knowledge of conceiving was vaster than ever! Its a wonder anyone gets pregnant at all with only 12 fertile days a year. I wonder how those 16 year olds get pregnant after having sex only once?

It took us a total of 97 days, just over 3 months to conceive! I was convinced it would take us longer, but I think it was meant to be! So without further ado, meet Baby Buchanan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background