Monday, October 31, 2011

The FINAL!

Yeah i know I am about a million weeks behind on my blogging so I am about to bombarded you all with updates from the last few weeks!

Firstly there is of course that small matter of NEW ZEALAND WINNING THE RUGBY WORLD CUP!!

It was an epic game and the most nail-biting-edge-of-my-seat game I EVER witnessed BIBLE!

As the game progressed I was totally convinced we were going to loose! The French seemed to dominate possession and the All Blacks were dropping like flies with injury's!

Then an unlikely try scorer, Tony Woodcock lifted me back up again. Seeing a large prop scoring a try was amazing and all along I had said how awesome it would be for one of those bigger guys to do it!


I definitely felt a little better with a try under our belts, however the poor kicking efforts of my new found hero Piri Weepu got me back on the scardy-wagon. After missing a shocking 3 attempts at penalty's. It was later announced he had a groin injury which was the same fate that one of my husbands Dan Carter (with Cody and Sonny Bill being my others) and newbie Colin Slade like a curse.


With 10 minutes to go the score was a bit more even at 8-7 to NZ. I was literally gripping the edge of my seat waiting for that final whistle to blow. Praying to the powers that be that they didn't give the French a penalty.

The whistle blew and we WON! The guys were totally over the moon and to be honest I had to fight back a little tear. It was such an awesome feat. We were the ONLY team in the whole tournament to be unbeaten. Ritchie McCaw will go down in the history books as one of the greatest rugby players and captains and I am pleased to say that I was around to watch their road to victory and watch that final game that settled NZ as the greatest rugby team in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background