Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ALL BLACKS

Out of all the Rugby World Cup games we went to, only 1 of them was an All Blacks game. This was the one game I was really looking forward too!

As it worked out we had a set of seats up the top and a friend had some closer to the try line, so I spent half the game at each seat.

Of course I forgot to take my camera, so I used my phone, but I was impressed by the quality of photos it took.

Getting ready for the game we got all 'supported up' in our black gears, as well as tattoos! We headed into Wellington early to ensure a park, then had some quick lunch and we were ready to roll!

It didn't take long for the stadium to pack out! And somehow we managed to be seated right by the biggest Canadian supporters! But that's OK, it just gave us an excuse to yell louder :P


Both teams came out and did the respective anthems, and because I am very patriotic I stood up and sung my heart out!


Then came THE best the almighty Haka which always gets me tearing up. And even from our 'birds eye view' seats I could still see clearly and you could definitely hear them.


Then the whistle went and we were off! Seeing the boys in black play in real life as apposed to on the TV is defiantly a lot more intense - even though of course we canned Canada. The second set of seats were so close to the field I was so tempted to jump over the fence and run out to grab a bite of Sonny Bill Williams as he was making his try. I reckon I could of totally got there - Wilson was not as convinced....


Final score - New Zealand 79 Canada 15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background