Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Years at the Fezza

So this new years would have been my first sober new years in well over 10 years! Its actually quite an experience being sober and watching everyone else get rotten. The conversations were also one in a million!

A long time ago (before I was pregnant) we decided to spend New Years at Nana Buchanans batch at Lake Ferry.


Luckily it all worked out as because I was pregnant it was nice to have somewhere to relax or have a nap if the need arose.

We went out with Steph and Shep on Wednesday 28th December and had booked the batch for a whole week!

Day one was a killer hot day - I could barely breathe, I think we downed a box of juicies that first day! By the time we unpacked, set-up and had tea there was just enough time for a family outing of fishing on the beach. We didn't have bait so used the left over pork riblets from tea  - fair to say I am not surprised we didn't catch anything!

Thursday brought the forecasted rain. (which doesn't look like it is leaving us anytime soon) We knew it was coming but it still sucked! We were prepared with Monopoly and a few other board games so it was a quiet inside day. Steph Wilson came on Thursday too so we had extra company.



Friday, it was still raining but that didn't stop Cody and Sonny going out and about



Sonny was absolutely drenched when he got home but he sure looked like he enjoyed himself!


Levi however, opted for a more civilised past time - napping!


While Cody was down at the beach Shep took care of the house hold duties ( I had to take a photo as Steph wouldn't believe me that he actually did dishes!!!)


Once the rain eased up we were able to get out and about again. So we all took the quad bikes down to the beach for a bit of a family outing. I found a little race track that someone had made so the boys decided to give it a go....




And we all know what happens when boys play with toys!



Then before we knew it, it was new years eve! More mates came out to join us and although it was STILL raining it didn't bother us too much. We set up camp in the garage and just made the most of it!
















For the New Year countdown we headed down to the Lake Ferry Hotel which was actually quite busy!

The next morning I woke up feeling slightly pudgy - not sure if it was a sympathy hangover or the 2L of chocolate milk I had drunken the night before! I started on mega breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, kranksys and of course PANCAKES!

The rest of the day we spent mucking around the beach house and napping.

The boys really wanted to be out in the boat but the weather was icky and the lake was too low. So they settled for second best....






And when the rain started again, that still didn't stop them! They are a clever bunch!


I think Sonny's face says it all!!!


That afternoon it finally cleared up so I could take the puppies out for a run.


On the Monday I did my usual, went and visited the seals! This time we took Steph and Steph2. There were so many babies out and about it was really cool to see them! They were hidden in amongst the rocks - sometimes looking like they had been squashed, but they were just napping in the cracks.






This big mumma seal chased me! It was freaking scary! Being pregnant, wearing jandels and standing on slippery rocks did not help my cause one bit!


So that was my new years, pretty low key really due to me being up the duff and the rain. But we still made the most of it and I still really enjoyed my time at Lake Ferry (but I always do :) )

BRING ON 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background