Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby B's Nursery

As with everything else in my life I wanted our nursery to be perfect. Just like when I was planning for our wedding I had trawled through numerous websites and saved photos of nursery's that I adored and had done some research on what I wanted.

Here are my inspiration pictures:
I really like the neutral colors of this one and like the awning thing that hangs over the cot.
How cool is this Mad Hatter theme! Its a bit over the top but I'm not all that
keen on doing that much painting.
The matching yellow throughout this nursery grabbed my eye.
I LOVE the vintage feel of this nursery,
however this wouldn't really work in our 1980's neutral colored house.


This color theme was more what would fit into our current home decor.
<> 
The green on these 2 is really cute! I the idea that it is neutral, but still colourful

Of course some of these are just over the top, but the main theme throughout all the photos was that I liked the idea that everything matched and was co-ordinated. And because we don't know what flavour baby we are having it will have to be gender neutral.

Back in November 2011 we went over to Wellington with the in-laws to look at cots etc for Baby Bs room.
Of course we ended up with a lot more than just a cot. Buying baby furniture and setting up a nursery is a lot more of a daunting task than I expected. The range of furniture out there is crazy - all offering to be the best because its 'made in NZ' or has extra draws, or 'this is the one everyone uses'.
We looked at ALL the cots and bed sets on the market - of course I was drawn to Touchwood which is one of the most expensive sets you can get in the baby shops.


But at over $899 for just the cot it just wasn't justified. There was also the Cariboo which was taken into consideration.... but again over $999.00 just for the cot!
Then of course there is the Ubabub pod cot - which is the most stylish cot I came across, but also had the most stylish price tag of $2,629! Yep that wasn't a typo!!!


We spent the day  in Wellington tramping through all the baby stores and after much decisions we settled on a Genesis Manhatten Cot. Its made in NZ, very sturdy, and wasn't a ridiculous price.

The added bonus was that it had a matching change table and set of draws - which suited my OCD very nicely....

 Then it was just a case of arranging them and decorating the nursery.............

WATCH THIS SPACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background