Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So what did you get up to in the weekend?

Well I was again army-wifed for the weekend while Cody went fishing. So I decided to do something productive. A few months ago I brought a sewing machine which to be honest I used once and it has sat in the office ever since. So I decided it was time to drag that puppy out and give her a whirl!

Friday I went to Evans's and brought some supplies... hhhmmmm I wonder what that could be??


I brought a few patterns ($120 later :O ) and spent all of Friday night cutting out the paper pattern pieces - God that has to be the worst part of sewing! Cutting out all the paper pieces and then having to cut all the material! This particular project involved the main pieces, lining and padding!

After spending about 3 hours completing all the cutting I then had to iron on the padding to all the pieces - that was all before I could start up the machine. But once I got started I was definitely on a roll and this baby came together before I knew it!

ITS A NAPPY BAG!


With an elasticated side pocket perfect for a bottle (babies or mine :) )


And a Velcro pocket on the other side perfect for cellphone or wallet

Is this photo fuzzy or is it just my bung eyes playing up again?
Under the main flap is a larger pocket for the change mat (which I still need to make up)


Then on the inside are more elasticated pockets for all those extra bits and pieces and a strap with a clip (clip not visible in this photo) for attaching your keys so they are easy access GENIUS!


have been on the look out for a cool nappy bag for awhile. I wanted something cool, functionally but that doesn't necessarily look like a nappy bag. I'm not 100% happy with the outcome of this bag, its a bit flimsy for my liking but I can say I gave it a go and I can always use it as a spare if needed.

A few weeks ago we were visiting some cousins in Wellington. My cousin Mel had her daughter last November and was given a nappy bag at her baby shower which I totally fell in love with!
*Sigh* Its a Babymel (which is quite fitting considering her name is Mel!) it is quilted with little love hearts all over it. Unfortunately it cost $105.00 US :( Maybe the baby shower fairy will get it for me......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background