Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can I share a secret with you?

I love to cook. I am not the greatest cook, but I still give everything a go. I am one of those people who watch MasterChef and am all like "I could totally do that", try it, and fail terribly!

I do have a couple of fail safe recipes though and one of them is THE most delicious (but awfully bad for you) chocolate Fudge Cake - which is a cross between a brownie, a cake and fudge OMFG it is like an orgasm for you mouth  - NO LIES.

So since I seem to have a loyal following on my Blob (cheers guys) I will share this recipe with you - but I swear to god if you tell anyone I will unfriend you on facebook - and we all know that that is the worst type of de-friending!

Ingredients:
100gms cocoa
200gms butter, melted
400gms caster sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
90gms plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
200gms chocolate melts - yep you read that right 200gms!
Icing sugar, to dust

 
Fresh raspberries, hulled, to serve


Steps:
1. Pre heat oven to 150 C.

2. Sift cocoa into a medium bowl, add melted Mainland butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Combine until smooth.


3. Sift in flour and baking powder, add chocolate and fold to combine.

4. Pour mixture into buttered and floured 20cm x 30 cm cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked.

Cool in pan then slice, dust with icing sugar before serving with fresh berries to the side and chocolate mousse or ice-cream.
It will even keep for a few days and you can either eat it cold or zap it in the mircowave for 30 secs just to get those choc bits oozing....

Seriously - give it a go and let me know how you get on :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background