Thursday, August 25, 2011

I. Must. Give. Up.

You may remember I told you about my addiction to V here. Well things have offically got out of control.

It is at the point of obsured proportions. I calculated how many V's I drunk in a week. The figures will not shock you but will probarly make you feel sick. In one Monday to Sunday week, I drunk 5 Bottles, 3 small cans and 4 large cans. Now to do the math on that. A bottle of V is $3.20, a large can is $4 and a small can is $2.80 (figures from the local shoprite by my work which has so far been my supplier). That equals a total of $40.40 per week or $2,106.00 a year ON V!!!!!

But that ends. NOW. I have decided to go on a de-tox. It will be hard to break my addiction and fight the syndrome that I am suffering from, Caffeinism.

Caffeinism is a syndrome resulting from the chronic consumption of caffeine and addiction. The symptoms include nervous irritability, tremulousness, occasional muscle twitching, sensory disturbances, tachypnea, palpitation, flushing, arhythmias, diuresis, and gastrointestinal disturbances.

I mean surely overcoming this syndrome can be nothing but good right? WRONG.

Today is day 4 of my detox and the effects of caffeine withdraw seem to be worse than the symptoms of the syndrom itself! These include:
  • Irritable
  • Restless
  • Muscle stiffness
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Headaches, moderate to severe
  • Chills and/or hot spells
  • Jitteriness
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Anxiety
  • Flushed face
  • Nausea
  • Accelerated heartbeat
BLAH! It sounds nicer to stay on the drug!

So for the sake of my health and our bank balance I will try and fight the symptoms and beat this diease!

Lets see how I get on.........

1 comment:

  1. They do say of course that if you are seriously addicted to caffeine you should reduce gradually rather than go cold turkey... :)
    Perhaps the occassional bottle of Coca-cola would reduce some of the symptoms? Of course, the Tourine in the V may also be a major symptom culprit...

    ReplyDelete

Background