Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Yeah sorry, this is going to be another snow post. Facebook is full of snow photos but I have some too and want to share :)

They are calling it a polar ice blast, I have also heard it referred to as 'Snowmageddon' which is my new favourite term.

The storm is leaving in its wake communities cut off by hazardous roads, stranded travellers, businesses facing staff absences, and parents forced to stay at home with their children because of school closures. There has also been no mail - which means I cant moan about the bills I get.

And there is more to come! Metservice are advising that the snow will continue to fall until at least Thursday.

Its even snowing in Auckland! Auckland hasn't had snow since the 1930's. Here in Masterton is has been the biggest snow dumping I have ever seen, or that my dad has seen! And by the sounds of it it will be the last time we see snow like this in our lifetime.

There have been warnings to stock up on food and batten down the hatches - but where is the fun in that!!! This is what we got up to:

I made a snow angel

Cody threw snowballs at me

 We made a snowman 

AND hes a DIRTY SMOKER!

We then got picked up by the four wheel drive and did a bit of boarding
 - well the boys did anyway

 We made MEGA snow balls

Even the puppies had a play in the snow:


Levi with our snowman

The horses however, were not impressed!

And here are some general pretty photos from around my house


Our patio on day 1 of snow...

 Day 2 of snow

                                                           
 Backyard and clothesline

There is a garden in there somewhere...

View from the lounge window looking west

This is the fence outside our kitchen, it shows how thick the snow was, I have no white trim on this fence. It is about 6inches thick!

With all the snow and spending a cold day outside it was time to get home and rug up by the fire. Even the dogs were allowed to sleep inside on their blankets.

 And because it was a cold day and I was home I whipped up a batch of these puppies! It was my first time making eclairs and I was pretty proud of the result. They did not last long at all!!

So that was my snow day run down! Did you get snow where you are? What fun did you have in the snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background