Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tick !

Number 85 on my 5 year plan is to own a sewing machine.

I did a lot of sewing at college and actually got second in my class :) I really enjoyed it. Then after school I kind of forgot about it and let my passion for it slip.

This all changed when I needed to get my bridesmaids dresses made for our wedding but run out of budget. So I decided to try and sew them myself. I was very pleased with the result considering I hadn't sewn in about 8 years!


So when I saw a practically new Brother XL2610 for sale on the "For Free, For Sale or Wanted in the Wairarapa" Facebook Group I snapped up this puppy for 1/3 less than the recommend retail price.


With 25 Built-In stitches and 59 stitch functions - including buttonholes and zips I can see this serving very nicely :)

This weekend  I am going to try and whip up some cute little pieces for my nieces. There are a few items I am going to try my hand at..... you will all get to see these bits in a new project I will be working on with Frances (my sister) so watch this space for more information ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have that sewing machine. Its great for little bits and pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete

Background