Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fortnightly Countdown -

Five things that I never understood:
1) The share market, wall street, the NASDAQ, Dow Jones. News broke this week that the stock exchange sinks. I must admit that shares and the stock market was never something I really understood. As far as I know, my salary comes into my account and I spend it and pay for things at what they cost. My dad used to have shares in the company he worked for but that was as far as my knowledge went.... I just don't get it!
2) How do planes fly? I have done a fair bit of flying in my time and every time I fly it still scares the living jeebies out of me, its the same as boats floating. Planes weigh millions of tonnes and they just seem to glide along effortlessly. You hear the occasional story of planes falling out the sky - so why don't they always?
3) Why do men like blondes? We were in the car the other day and a blonde walked out of the service station, a male friend of ours in the car wolf whistled and said "hello Blondie" - now this girl was not even attractive! So I asked why he did it and this started a conversation about why blondes are more attractive than say a brunette. But why?
4) Why is a pair of undies called a pair? There is only one of them!
5) Why do dogs go crazy over sticking their heads out car windows? Our lab cross goes crazy over the prospect of going for a car ride - like literally! He jumps about, crys, runs around the full works. Then when he is in the car he goes absolutely ape sh*t If it is a cold day and I don't put the window down then he cries and whimpers and whines until I put it down. Even on the freezingist (like the word I just made up :o) ) day he will stick his head out. His ears, lips and general face flap about in the wind but he seems to absolutely love it!

I tried to take a photo but it got a bit dangerous - but this is exactly what he looks like:

Four things that drive me crazy:
1) People who park their shopping trolley in the middle of the aisles while they stare aimlessly at the shelves
2) Little gangs of teenagers that hang out on the street corners listening to music on their phones and yelling at their bros on the other side of the street
3) Groups of people who walk 4 abreast on the footpath and really slowly so you cant walk around them!
4) People who don't rinse their dishes!!! I know this sounds really anal but it makes life SO much easier if you just give them a quick rinse. The 2 boys I live with and my sister are shocking for this! especially when it comes to baking trays that have been used for roasts, sausages etc and anything with cheese!

Three awesome things about being married:
1) Being referred to as Mrs Buchanan
2) Calling Cody my husband - Boyfriend sounded like we were just together and it wasn't serious, partner could be taken as lesbian- not that I have anything against lesbians but I am not one. Fiance is way to fru fru
3) Being able to spend the rest of my life with my best friend
Two songs that totally stop me dead and I MUST sing to no matter where I am:
1) Oasis - Wonderwall
2) Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Of course there are plenty more but this is a countdown and I can only pick 2 :p

One reason not to buy an All Blacks jersey from Adidas:
Cos they are ripping New Zealanders off by charging more than double for the price of the jerseys than overseas retailers. Rebel Sport have decided to sell their jerseys for a $124.45 loss. But it is still rat sh*t that they are doing this.

Did you know
That if all the people in China stood on a chair and jumped off at exactly the same time, they could knock the earth off its orbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background