Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Countdown - 22nd July 2011

So it seems that my blog is only about these countdowns! Therefore Friday countdown will become "Fortnightly Countdown"

Five things that I found interesting in the news this week
1) David and Victoria Beckham named their new baby girl Harper Seven. Secretly, I like the name Harper, its unique but not weird. The name was apparently chosen after the author of To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee. Which is apparently Victoria's favourite book. Come on you cant tell me she actually reads? Seven however, now that's just mean!
2) A $2million drug bust went down in the Wairarapa last week. It saw 17 people arrested and cash, cars and drugs seized. Although this is a step in the right direction for the Wairarapa there are probably 10 other druggies for everyone of these that got caught!
3) I don't know if this is considered 'news' but I was reading this blog about the strays in Rarotonga. Me and Cody were in Raro July 2010 and I noticed the amount of strays too, but it wasn't just dogs and cats but also groups of chickens, and goats? it was weird. I can totally relate though, I always feel so awful for the homeless dogs and kitties. I always tell my Levi that he should be grateful that he has a home and he isn't homeless. I cant handle watching those ads on TV for the pedigree adopt a pet drive....
4) So Justin Bieber has taken a month off to 'grow up'. Really? Just a month?
5) The NZ dollar is at an all time high. Usually if someone says that to me I'm like "and what". I never really understood how the markets work, or what a high or low dollar means.... until now :) What a high NZ dollar means is that we can buy stuff online (i.e from America) and it is mega cheap! Not so good for our NZ exports but AWESOME for a shop aholic like me, shame we started our $50 challenge next week....
Four things you don't know about me  1) I like the smell of my own feet
2) I can not stand anyone's feet touching me - this includes my husband!
3) I like popping pimples
4) I have a weird obsession with animals noses. Cat, dog, horse etc I just have to rub their nose ..... yeah I dunno
Three ways to eat an Oreo
1- Oreo Ice cream.
2- Oreo Martinis!
3- Deep Fried. Oh hell yeah! Anything deep friend makes my top 10 list!
Two TV shows I have started watching
1) Hoarders - Follows people who put my hoarding to absolute shame! These people have no idea. They keep EVERYTHING because it has a significant meaning. How much meaning can a empty can really have?

2) Geordie Shore - UKs take on Jersey Shore but way more trashier. They put 4 gals and 4 guys into a five star house together, with shared accommodation, and pretty much follow them around while they 'work' party and argue. Your typical reality TV show really except way more 'out there'. The girls are fake the guys are over muscled - pretty much a good laugh all round!
Screens Tuesday nights at 8.30 on MTV


One quote I found this week that I love

 "To the world you are one person, to one person you are the world"

Found on a tattoo of teen mom Kailyn Lowry.
Did you know?
Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background