Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pre-Wedding History

The story of how we meet isnt a fairy tale story. We met at our local bar one Friday night in November 2006. It started off as a casual relationship with Cody due to head to Aussie in June 2007 indefinetly.


But 6months later he was standing on my doorstep, I guess he just couldnt stay away :p things started off slowly .... but surely. We moved in together relatively quickly and life went on.


Then in July 2008 we purchased our first house! It was time to leave flatting behind us and think about being a grown-up!




So life was ticking over in our new home with our little family.

Then the most unexpected thing happend!!!!

CODY PROPOSED!


On July 10th 2009 after quite a hard few weeks with work, Cody suggested we go to Nana Buchanans bach out at lake ferry for the weekend. I had not been there before so was very excited!! When we got there he said  he had to go bury some old fish - as Cody and his family are the fishing type I didnt think anything of it.
So he went down the beach on the quad bike to bury the fish and I put our groceries away and started the fire. When he came back he suggested we go for a drive down to the beach on the quad bike before the weather turned yuck. So I rugged up (as it was the middle of winter) with my big coat and my gumboots and jumped on the back and we went for a drive. It was quite cold so I buried my face in Codys back.
Then he stopped and when I looked up there was a blanket laid out amaingst the drift wood. There was a little fire set up and a picnic basket. As I sat down I saw he had a bottle of wine with some champange flutes, a box of my favourite (but expensive) chocolates, and little umbrellas for our drinks.
 At this point I thought he was going to propose but as the hours past by I thought maybe not.

After awhile he asked me to go get some more firewood - I thought "the nerve of him!!" I got up and started wondering around the beach. He kept trying to tell me to go over to a certain area because that was where the 'good stuff' was.
I started to head over to where he was pointing, and there hidden amoungst the drift wood, I found a pink butterfly box and straight away I dropped to me knees and Cody came and knelt beside me. I opened the box and inside was another pink box surrounded by rose petals. I openend that box and inside was the most beautiful ring and I heard those amazing words: "will you marry me?" straight away tears streamed down my face and of course I said YES!!!

We were both determined not to have a long engagement but also wanted a beautiful wedding so we came up with a date 18months from then (so we could save up!!) and came up with our date a few days later.
Cody wanted something he could remember so we decided on Friday 4th February 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment

Background