Friday, July 29, 2011

Rub-a-dub-dub

My husband thinks I am bonkers...

90% of people I know shower daily, I do not. I hate showering and will only have to do it when I HAVE to. I know what you are thinking EEEWWWWWW. But the reality is I bath pretty much everyday! I dont know where this strange craving came from. I think it might of been from when I lived with my friend Kylie. I lived with her in her own home and it was the cutest old villa. It was a 2 bedroom villa and I loved living there. It had its down falls, the floor sloped, the windows only shut on a good day, the kitchen was pokey, and the water pressure sucked. This meant that there was no shower! only a claw foot bath which took half an hour to fill! Luckily I worked days and Kylie worked nights so we had a litte routine and got it down to an art. So for a good part of 6 months I had a bath every night and I loved it!

Lately, our bath hasnt been working - ok the bath is working but the plug has not! We have one of those push down buttons instead of a manual rubber plug. And all this week it wouldnt stay down. I swear I was going through withdraw symptoms of not having a bath for so long! - luckily my husband fixed it or I swear I was about to flip out!

A lot of people tell me that they can think of nothing worse than sitting in a tub of your own filth - which if you roll in filth all day is disgusting. However,  I do not roll in filth all day so I have no concern about having a bath.

In fact it has been proven that having a long hot soak actually has health and wellness benefits. Such benefits inlcude:
* Lymph node clearing
* Increased circulation
* Boosts immune system
* Reduces cramps and tension headaches
* Improves muscle elasticity
Not to mention the fact that it is relaxing, moisturizing and detoxifying.
There is also the psychological benefits - spending that half hour on your own in a quiet peaceful bath allows you to relax and unwind and clear your mind off financial and emotional worries allowing you to have a clearer head to tackle the world!

A good bath relaxes your mind, body and soul.

And of course you can add lots of yummys to your bath - LUSH is by far my most favourite place to get bath goodies from - Dont you just want to eat them! NOM NOM NOM

Same make you feel calm and relaxed, while some 'spice' up your day a bit. Then of course there is those that act as an aphrodisiac ;) I have my tried and tested favourites.

My favourite is The Comforter.
 


"This fruity bubble bar gives the feeling of being hugged by a jolly blackcurrant. When life is getting you down, crumble The Comforter under hot, running water for purple water and creamy bubbles. The warm aroma of cassis absolute is relaxing so relaxing that you’ll go to bed feeling happier and the world will seem brighter the next day."



And the Sex Bomb


"Jasmine- clary sage and ylang ylang to make you feel like a love goddess. The power of these aphrodisiac oils lies in their ability to relax you at the same time as warming your heart and other body parts. The ancient perfumers of the Mediterranean knew a thing or two about lurve and we're using the methods they used thousands of years ago for the same results. Whether you want to be calm for a big night out or a quiet night in- prepare to detonate a Sex Bomb."


And for some fun, I love the Space Girl - I think I love this one cos it releases glitter in the bath and what girl doesnt love glitter?

"Here comes a ballistic of astronomical proportions. We were inspired by The Imagined Village's intriguing interpretation of Space Girl from their second album, Empire & Love. It's shaped like Saturn with added space dust for our alien friends, and the refreshing scent of blackcurrant sweeties will make you hungry for your own space adventures. Space Girl is stellar, just remember your blaster and your freezer gun."


*sigh* I just want to go home and jump in the bath right now..................

Anybody else obsessed with baths as much as me?


1 comment:

  1. OMG I love baths :)
    When we first moved in here, I went through a phase of having a bath most nights to relax and unwind. I still have them once in a while, but not nearly so often.
    One of the great things, it makes you keep the bath clean!

    ReplyDelete

Background