Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Friday (Tuesday) Countdown - 15th July 2011

So I am a little late with my countdown this week, but I spent last weekend up in Taupo with sister-in-law and her family for little Lucy's 2nd birthday. - more on that later...

Five things I am coveting right now:
1) A  Nikon DSLR digital camera. These things take the most amazing photos, even if you have no idea what you are doing! And of course it must have all the attachments and all the mod-cons

2) A sewing machine - Random huh? At college I did a lot of sewing and was actually pretty good at it. When I left school I didn't do any sewing and kind of forgot I could even sew! It wasn't until our wedding when I couldn't find the perfect bridesmaid dresses that I decided to jump back onto a machine. I was quite pleased with the results and would love to pick it up again, even try a few crafts :o)

3) This NancyBird wallet

To go with my NancyBird Handbag

4) A harpers horsecoach. Its the best of both worlds! It means we can go away for weekends AND I can rock up in style to horse shows.
5) A SPA POOL - We spent Saturday evening at De Bretts in Taupo. I could of stayed in that thermal pool until I died. I was a wrinkly thing after not long but it was SO worth it. I am now super determined to get a spa pool!



Four things I DON'T want:
1) To pay for the frickken dog registration! Sonny, our lab cross is $74.00 per year and little Levi is $114.00 - how can he be considered a dog? AND cost more!
2) For this next release to start! I know its my job blah blah but this one is a tricky one and it will involve travelling to Wellington which I fully cant be arsed doing.
3) To hear that our house needs rewiring. We have been having light bulbs blowing left right and centre, and these are not cheap bulbs. The ones in the lounge are $12 ea and the kitchen ones are $16ea. The electrician is coming this week, but I am just waiting for the bad news that he will have to do major wiring work which means.......$$$$$$$
4) To catch the cold my niece had in the weekend. Boogery noses, snuffling, sore throats - YUCK. I have just shaken a bad cold and DO NOT want another one! eeewww even looking at this photo makes me wanna barf....


Three things I am happy about:
1) My little sister got a paying job at the Vet Clinic she has been doing work experience at while she is studying to be a vet nurse. YAY FRANCIE
2) I had my yearly performance review and it came out really good! I have another pay increase coming :o)
3) I get to have a weekend away with me girls! Spending 2 nights up the mountain attempting to ski in Ohakune.

Me ----->
Two things I am sad about:
1) There are changes happening at work. A restructure. Which means some people will be loosing their jobs :( one guy has just relocated his family down to Wellington from the far north. He has 3 kids with one on the way.....looks like his job is gone.
2) I had to withdraw from my paper. I have enrolled in another one, but it means that I wont be finishing my diploma when I expected. I will still be finished by the end of the year but I still feel like I have let myself down :(
On thing I learnt this week:
Do not buy anything for full price. I can pretty much guarantee it will be on sale the next day.
Did you know:
More than 10 people a year are killed by a vending machine! wwwhhhaaattt??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background